- To be held on Friday 1st March, 2013 at Watford Woodside pool (6.30pm for 7pm)
- Please see Primary Events to download an entry form
- Deadline for entries is Friday 1st
- This is a combined Year 5 & 6 event with separate events for Boys and Girls
- 4 x 25m Freestyle and Medley (Mixed stroke) relays
- Schools can enter as a Small school if combined year 5 & 6 pupils is less than 50
- An East Division final may follow at a later date.
30th November 2012 - Success for Hertfordshire school swimmers in the WISE school championships
- On Saturday 17th November 2012, two Hertfordshire school swimmers found success in the W.I.S.E. (Wales, Ireland, Scotland England) Schools International Championships held at the Sunderland Aquatic Centre.
Both swimmers represented England, Their results as follows:
- Caleb Hughes: In the Boys 14/15 years, first in the 200m IM and second in the 100m Backstroke, and in the Open age group, first in
the 400m Freestyle. Also, second as part of the Boys 14/15 years 400m Freestyle relay.
- Katie Armitage: In the Girls 14/15 years, first in the 100m Breaststroke, and third in the 200m IM. Also, first as part of each of the Girls 14/15 years 400m Freestyle and 400m Medley relays.
On behalf of everyone involved in Herts School Swimming, well done to both Caleb and Katie.
The full results can be found on the ESSA website at http://www.essa-schoolswimming.com/page20.html
26th November 2012 - Results for the the East & South East Divisions Individual Championships for Primary School Children
- Please see Events Primary for the results of this gala.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank Nigel Brand from Bucks School Swimming for organising the gala.
15th October 2012 - Results posted for the Secondary Schools Team champs held on Friday 12th Oct
- Please see Events Secondary page (under Past events) on the website for the results of this gala.
9th October 2012 - 2012 ESSA East & South East Divisions Individual Championships for Primary School Children
- This gala will be held on 23rd November 2012 at Woodside, Watford
- Click here for the entry form. Deadline for entries is Monday 12th November, 2012.
- Any year 5 or 6 (for 2012/13 school year) student is eligible to enter this gala, however the gala is suitable for school team or club swimmers only
- Events comprise 50m of each of the 4 strokes and 100m Individual Medley (for both boys and girls). Note, there is no separate events for year 5 & 6.
- The entry fee is £3 per event entered.
- Swimmers cannot enter unless their school is affiliated to ESSA.
Please see Affiliations to check if your school is affiliated for 2012.
- Medals will be given to the winners of each event, and certificates for 1st to 3rd places
- Where the gala is oversubscribed the organiser has the discretion to limit the number of entrants, events entered, or both
25th September 2012 - Herts school swimmers Katie Armitage and Caleb Hughes selected for WISE
Katie Armitage and Caleb Hughes, from Hertfordshire schools, have been selected to represent England at the WISE international championships on 17th November, 2012 at Sunderland Aquatic Centre. We wish Katie and Caleb well at this prestigious event .
(as a note, WISE stands for Wales, Ireland, Scotland, England - more information can be found on the ESSA website.)
25th September 2012 - Advance notice of new gala dates for the 2012/2013 season:
Friday 23rd November, 2012: 6.30/7.00pm; Primary Individual Championships. Venue; Woodside, Watford.
Friday 8th February, 2013; 6.30/7.00pm; HSSA Secondary Schools’ Inter District Gala. Venue; Woodside, Watford
Friday 1st March, 2013 6.30/7.00pm; Primary Schools’ Teams – ESSA qualifying round with the possibility of a divisional final to follow at a later date.
Friday 26th April, 2013; 6.30/7.00pm; HSSA Primary Schools’ Inter District Gala. Venue; Woodside, Watford.
Friday 7th June, 2013; 6.30/7.00pm; Inter County Gala. Woodside, Watford. TBC
4th July 2012 - ESSA Secondary schools Team Championships 2012-2013
- Qualifying round
- Friday 12th October, Woodside pool, Watford
- Entry form - deadline for entry is Friday 21st September, 2012
- Full competition conditions can be found on the ESSA website
- Fastest teams nationally will be invited to take part in the finals at Coventry on 24th November
- For this gala, for Herts schools this event will form the Juba competition for the girls and boys team trophies.
3rd July 2012 - ESSA Inter-Divisional
- The 2012 ESSA Inter-Divisional Championships was held on 30th June & 1st July 2012 at the Liverpool Aquatics Centre
- Results for the gala are in the Events, Secondary area of the website.
15th June 2012 - Inter-counties champs Friday 22nd June - CANCELLED
- HSSA regrets to announce that the inter-counties gala has been cancelled. The other counties, Oxon, Beds and Bucks, were once again unable to field teams for this gala after providing repeated assurances to the contrary.
- HSSA will be reviewing this disappointing outcome.
15th May 2012 - HSSA Primary
Schools Inter-District Championships
- The results of this gala have now been posted on the website and can be found in Events-Primary
- The winner of the 2012 gala was St Albans District with East Herts second and Watford third
- The were 8 records broken, 6 invidual events and 2 relays. For a summary of the current records see Records-Primary
- For a summary of winners - overall and by year group see Events-Primary-Primary Winners
- All those swimmers placed first or second in the individual events will have received an invitation to represent Hertfordshire in the
Inter-County gala on 22nd June.
19th March 2012 - ESSA Inter-Divisional Championships
- The 2012 ESSA Inter-Divisional Championships will be held on 30th June & 1st July 2012 at the Liverpool Aquatics Centre
- Team selected to represent East Division by submission of times
- Hertfordshire is part of the East Division
- Open to any swimmer attending school within Hertfordshire (school must be affiliated to ESSA)
- Individual events each stroke 100m, 200m, Free 200m, IM 200m and 400m and Free 800m (Female) and 1500m (Male),
4x100m Free and Medley relays.
Note: No heats, as there is 8 divisions. All events are finals.
- To download the entry form click on the Secondary Events tab or click here.
- Deadline for entries is Friday 13th April
- Other relevant info (on ESSA website) can be found on the Secondary events page
2012 - Results of the Herts/Bucks/Beds Primary Schools Team Championships
- Results have been published - click here to go the Primary Events tab for the results
8th Feb 2012 - Results of the HSSA Secondary Schools Inter-District Championships
- Results have been published - click here to go to the Secondary Events tab for the results.